Monday, March 30, 2009

Something wicked this way comes.

Whew! I did my first HIAH workout this AM.

I'm really having a hard time wrapping my head around this one. The workout doesn't look intimidating on paper, and even when doing it, you don't really feel that it is overwhelming.

The standing cable rows were tricky to figure out, but I didn't feel like I was using enough weight at the time. I used 140lbs and I was constantly hitting 5 or 6 reps w/ perfect speed. But as I sit here a few hours later, I KNOW I did them correctly. My upper back has never felt so worked.

I knew that BW dips wouldn't be challenging, so I loaded the belt w/ a 45lb plate and went to work. That hit the sweet spot. I did 6 reps on the first set and dropped off from there, but averaged 4 reps per set. I'll up the weights next week and see if I can maintain the same tempo.

I was feeling pretty good when I got to the DB split squats. I tried to start a little on the conservative side, so I used 55lb DBs. That was right on target as well. Speed was good. Averaged 5 reps for my stronger leg, so I need to restrict that to the number that I get on my weak leg first.

I may need to stop by the gym for some Sauna time on the way to work tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. M2P, looks good. Glad to see you posting again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey M2P, your workout looks great! Glad to see you're back to blogging too :)

    ReplyDelete