Sunday, March 29, 2009

Trying something new


I purchased Chad Waterbury's book "Men's Health Huge in a Hurry" a few weeks back. I've since read it a couple of times and I'm ready to give it a go.

It is based on the protocol of lifting heavy weights while using a fast tempo to generate enough force to incorporate both muscle types. He suggest various rep ranges in each workout, with the rule of stopping the set when your rep speed or range of motion decreases. There's quite a bit of science behind Chad's philosophy, and his theory has really captured my interest.

I will be following the hypertrophy program with the goal of adding 10 lbs of muscle in 16 weeks. There's actually a 3 week preparation phase, but I'm not sure what kind of progress to expect during that phase.

Tomorrow's workout will be the first workout of the Get Ready program. Stay tuned... this should be fun!

1 comment:

  1. Have fun with the new program, Milan! Wish you continued muscle gaining success here...

    Andy

    ReplyDelete