Monday, November 10, 2008

Back and better than ever.

Date: Monday - Nov 10, 2008
Time: 5:15am
Location: Fitness 19 - Snellville, GA

So, I took a week off to let my thumb/wrist recover. It was tough, but I'm so glad I did. I got back in this morning and did TT2K4 Workout B. I'm trying to apply the principle of getting better/stronger each workout and today I was successful setting a PR in the BB Squat.

TT2K4 Workout B
Dynamic Warm-up
Specific Warm-up
BB Squat 185x8
Hammer Strength (HS) Iso Shoulder-Press 90x8

1A) BB Squat 245x8x3
1B) HS Iso Shoulder-Press 110x8x3
2A) DB Reverse Lunge 40x6x2, 30x6
2B) Bulgarian Split Squat BWTx12, BWTx8
3A) 1-Leg Stability Ball Curl BWTx10, BWTx8
3B) Spiderman Climb BWTx12x2

Observations:
* Wrist and thumb felt great. The new gloves w/ the wrist wrap really help.
* Squat is getting better, but it still needs a lot of work. Need to focus on leading with my rear and then sinking down in between my legs. My breathing also needs some work. I feel great during the squat, but I get a little lightheaded after each set.
* Not quite strong enough to use dumbbells for the Bulgarian Split squat yet. My legs were fried after the squats.
* I've never done the 1-Leg Stability ball curls before. Might be one of the hardest moves I've ever done!

2 comments:

  1. The comment box is open! Nice work on the Rows (I finally allowed myself to push it and did 3 sets with the 75# DBs). I've been using DBs (50#) for the Bulg. Split Squats, but haven't been able to hit the 12 reps...here I thought it was just me.

    I found that the 1 Leg Stab. Ball Curl gets much easier over time...at first it was beyond tough. I'm looking forward to seeing how you progress.

    Later, Mike Z

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mike,

    You've got me beat by a mile on the Bulg. Split squats. After doing regular squats, I struggle just to finish with my bodyweight! But I'm getting better. I've got two really good logs to post this evening, and one really crappy one.

    ReplyDelete