Sunday, November 30, 2008

Barely Legal

After some pretty satisfying results in TC3, I took a week off to rest and recover. During that time I did some thinking and a little research and I've decided that I want to try a 12 week mass building program and then work on shedding fat later.

My new motto: "Get as big as the law will allow!" I picked that up from CB in an old copy of Men's Fitness.

The first phase will be TT for Meatheads with some small adjustments based on some of the recommendations from Craig's interview with Jay Ferrugia. I will be following the nutritional guidelines of Burn the Fat, Feed the Muscle (BFFM).

My goal is to put on 10lbs of lean mass with minimal fat gain. I actually wouldn't mind seeing some fat loss of 2% or so. I don't know if that is realistic to expect or not, so I'll keep my fingers crossed.

Latest Data - Nov 22, 2008
Body Weight - 157 lbs
Lean Body Mass - 136.8 lbs
Fat Mass - 20.2 lbs
Body Fat % - 12.9%
Triceps - 10 mm
Chest - 8 mm
Midaxillary - 10 mm
Subscapular - 20 mm
Abdominal - 18 mm
Suprailiac - 10 mm
Thigh - 8 mm
Neck - 14.5 in
Shoulder - 48.5 in
Chest - 36.0 in
Upper Arm - 13.7 in
Waist - 31.5 in
Hip - 36.0 in
Thigh - 23.7 in
Calf - 14.7 in

Big lift personal best:
BB Bench Press - 225lbs x 3 reps (Left one in the tank)
BB Squat - 265lbs x 6 reps
BB Deadlift - 245lbs x 1 rep (Freaking embarrassing. My form is terrible as I haven't DL'd in over a year)

I'm looking forward to my first Meathead workout on Monday!

2 comments:

  1. m2p, I laughed when I read your comment regarding the 245lb Deadlift. Note: I did not laugh at you, I just laughed. If you don't go up by at least 40-50lbs on that one in the next 4 weeks, I'll be shocked (DLs are ALWAYS easier that squats...ALWAYS!). Still, some pretty good numbers overall.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did some research after those results. I was sinking my hips far too low and had just bad form overall. I hope you are right about getting those numbers up!

    ReplyDelete