Thursday, January 15, 2009

Blood on the Barbell, Me Vs. Me

Forgive me in advance for the state of this post. I am not one with my universe today.

Haven't been sleeping well this week. Woke up tired and in a pretty foul mood. Contemplated not going for the PR today. Just couldn't get my mind to relax.

Went robotic. Got dressed for the gym. Grabbed some leftovers for breakfast and out the door.

Searched for music on the way to the gym to get my mind right. Nothing helped. Still not feeling it. Walking though the gym, damn am I really going to do this? Can I really set a PR today? What if I fail? Then I'm really going to feel like ish.

Loaded up the iPod. Walked out of the locker room. Where do I want to work? Squat rack is loaded. Power rack is empty. Power rack it is. C'mon it has to kick in now.

Nope, nothing. Screw it, and screw you. I'm here now. I'm going for it. You can't hold me back.

And so it begins... Deadlift, blood on the barbell...

135x8 Easy. So what, your never going to get your goal.
165x5 And? You're still just warming up.
185x5
205x3 HAHA! Back is tighting up. You're going to quit.
225x3 I'm not giving in. Take some deep breaths. Loosen up the back.

Fine, put on your stupid 255. You'll never get it.
255x3 Done. Easy. I want more. You hit your goal now just get out of here. No. More.

275x2 Take that. I will not lose. Ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment