Monday, January 12, 2009

Squat 3RM Test Day

So today was my first 3RM test for squats. Did pretty well but I still have some work to do.

I did some new mobility/warm up drills today. Figured since I would be going heavy today, the drills would be beneficial.

Squat Session
Barbell x 12
135 x 8
185 x 5
225 x 3
245 x 3
265 x 3
295 x 3

I avg about 2mins of rest time between sets. My sinuses started to bother me towards the end so those rest periods were a little longer. I think I can beat 295 if my sinuses are not aggravating me. But i probably won't test again for another 4-8 weeks.

Looking back at this, I should have done one over 300! Dang!

-----------------------
Just realized I missed posting Workout D from last week.

DB Shoulder Press 40x6, 60x8, 60/55x8, 55x8/6 (left wrist was weak)
Pull Ups 3, 10, 9, 7
EZ Bar Curl 50x8, 60x8, 70x6
DB Tricep Ext 25x8, 30x2x8
DB Hammer Curl 25x5x5
EZ Bar Triceps Ext 60x5x5

2 comments:

  1. Sure, blame it on your inability to breathe, or the throbbing pain. Nice work MP2!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAHAHA! Actually I'm yet to feel any pain. Not even sore yet. That tells me I could have done more. I don't know what it is but something about the really heavy days triggers my sinuses. It has to have something to do with either blood pressure or adrenaline.

    Seems like once I cross a certain threshold my sinuses start draining. That makes me start coughing like crazy, and so people in the gym look at me like I'm about to die. :)

    Maybe one day I'll get to join a hard core gym w/ chalk, a puke bucket and a box of Kleenex!

    ReplyDelete