Monday, January 5, 2009

Feeling Good, Feeling Great, How are you?

I don't know what it is but I feel great today. Even though I overslept and had terrible traffic. I still went to the gym. Did my full warm up and cut a couple of sets to make up for time.

Warm Up
Prisoner Squats 2x12
Pushups 2x12
Lunges 2x12
Stick Ups 2x12

BB Squat 45x12, 150x6
Shrugs BBx12, 60x6

Work Sets
BB Squat 235x8, 225x8, 215x8
DB Shrugs 90x3x8
Smith Machine Split Squat 135x2x8
Cable Step Ups 80x2x8
Ab Wheel Rollouts BWTx2x10

I tried a couple of new things today. First, I did decline sets on the squats where I lowered the weight each set to get my volume up. I've been missing too many reps at the heavier weight each set. I think it helped b/c I'm feeling sore already. Also, I tired this cable machine for step ups. It was brutal, but fun. I know I worked hard this morning b/c I'm hurting and it took almost a half hour to stop sweating, and that's with a few mins in a cold shower!

1 comment:

  1. Possibly the most important and valuable point of Turbulence Training is "change". You gotta stir the pot, mess with conventional wisdom, change the parameters. It's all good! I'm going to be throwing in some Tabata Intervals this week...should be an interesting change. With the Nutbag Workouts, I'm always looking for something unconventional just to stress my system. If you get bored, then your body has already adjusted to the workout, and the workout's not as efficient as it was in weeks 1 & 2.

    ReplyDelete