Monday, December 1, 2008

A case of gym rust

Dynamic Warmup 2x12

Spec WarmUp
Squat 185x8
DB Shrug 60x8

Squat 245x5, 225x2x8
DB Shrug 80x8, 90x8, 100x6
DB Split Squat 50x2x8, 50x6
DB Step-Up 30x2x8
Stab-Ball Rollout 15x2

I felt a bit rusty today. Probably rushed back w/ too heavy weight on the squats. I need to lower the weight and correct my form. I think the ab workout from yesterday affected my form as well since my abs are still sore. Even still, it feels great to get back into the gym!

3 comments:

  1. Well, the week off is officially over for you huh? How are you doing with the calorie intake?

    You will love the Meathead, but make sure it takes you out of your comfort zone (without injury).

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's going to take some time to ramp up the calories. It is a rather drastic mindset change for me!

    Speaking of injuries, I tweaked my groin last night. I guess I was a little too excited to get back into the gym. I really need to dedicate some time to stretching!

    ReplyDelete
  3. As far as upping the calories, it doesn't have to be too drastic. A bag of almonds and 3 eggs will give you an increase of 420 calories.

    Definitely get in a good stretch/good warmup..even a few minutes of cardio will really make a difference.

    ReplyDelete