Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Fighting the injury bug

The doc confirmed that I strained my wrist. We are waiting for x-ray results to be positive, but he felt pretty confident that it was just a strain.

So he said I need to back off the weights that I am using at least 50%, which doesn't bode well for the Meatheads program.

I'm probably going to go back to the 2K programs or maybe one of the circuit programs where I can use lighter dumbbells for the things that hurt my wrist. I don't know why but it hurt much more last night and though the day. It's probably from Monday night's workout where I used straps for some of the heavier dumbbells.

Warmup
BB Squat 205x8
DB Shrug 70x8

BB Squat 246x6, 245x8, 245x7
DB Shrug 90x3x8
DB Split Squat 50x8, 55x2x8
DB Step Up 45x7, 55x2x8
Stability Ball Rollout BWTx3x10

I was running late this morning and trying to establish a new workout routine. I was very conservative with the weights. Just trying to be safe and let my wrist heal. I was surprised at how good this workout made me feel.

I did two sets of the Turbulence Training Circuit Training Workout A

DB Push Press 35x2x6
DB Deep Step Up 30x2x8
Cable Crunch 70x15, 115x15 (I didn't see stability balls in the new gym)
DB Reverse Lunge 30x2x8 each leg
Spiderman Pushups 15, 10 (Did these on fist and was very conservative due to wrist injury)
DB Row 30x8, 35x8
DB Swings 35x2x15

The DB Swings at the end were fun. I would rather use kettlebells though. I'll have to see if the gym has any.

1 comment:

  1. Sorry to hear about the sprain. Take it easy on the wrist and modify the heck out of your TT sessions. I recently read an article where 2 groups were studied. The first group focused on upper body workouts only. The second group did lower body only. The results showed the second group achieved similar gains in upper body strength (and mass). Funny how the body works sometimes.

    Nail the lower body and stay strong!

    ReplyDelete