Wednesday, October 15, 2008

The day it all clicked

Turbulence Training 2k3 - Workout B

Dynamic Warm-up x 2

Specific Warm-up
BB Forward Lunge Barbell x 8
Side Plank 15secs per side

Supersets
1A) BB forward Lunge 95x8x3
1B) Side Plank 30secs/side x 3
2A) BB RDL 185x8x3
2B) Stability Ball Jackknife BWx15x3
3A) BB Step-up 70x8x3 (Fixed Barbell)
3B) Stability Ball Leg Curl BWx15x3

Today was a really good workout. I think that I've finally Un-confused myself enough to really understand this program and do it properly. I've been doing my TT workouts and trying to use really heavy weights, but this leads to me needing longer recovery periods. Today I kept things down around my 10-12 RM. I was finally able to stay true to the programs design.

It all boils down to re-evaluating my goals and why I am doing this particular program. My primary goal right now is to burn fat. It is not to increase strength or add loads of muscle. But those last two have been stuck in my mind for a while now. Well for the next 5 weeks, they are gone. THE GOAL IS TO BURN FAT.

Yes, ultimately I want to get much stronger and put on some muscle, but that's not what I am working on right now. I finally get it...

No comments:

Post a Comment