Friday, October 10, 2008

Get in, get out, get fit!

Geez, had a rough night with the kids. My daughter (1yo) has a cold and she was up quite a bit though the night. My son (4yo) some how wets the bed, something he hasn't done in over a year. Needless to say, I didn't get much quality sleep. But I really wanted to work out, so I slept pass my normal workout time and stopped by the gym on the way to work. Not much time available, but I still managed to get my resistance training done for the day.

Turbulence Training 2K3 Workout B

Dynamic Warm Up
Prisoner Squats 12x2
Close-grip push ups 8x2
Arm rotations 10x2 forwards and backwards

Specific warmup
Forward lunge 30x5
Plank 20 seconds

Supersets
1A) DB Forward Lunge 45x8x2, 45x6
1B) Plank 35secs x 3
2A) BB RDL 165x8, 175x8x2
2B) Stability Ball Jackknife BWx15x3
3A) DB Step ups 35x8x2
3B) Stability Ball Leg Curl BWx15

Finisher
Cable curl 21s @ 55lbs
EZ Bar Curls 55 x 5

Observations
- Lunges felt much better today.
- Did regular planks to save time.
- BB RDLs felt incredible at the lower weights. Form was perfect.
- Legs are just wiped out by the time I get to step ups. Decided to use one of those rebook steppers instead of a bench today.
- Finisher is kinda lame, but the arms were looking flat today. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment